Saturday, 5 November 2011

Remember, remember....

Bonfire Night already, I can't believe how fast the weeks are passing. Here in Littlehampton we had our annual Bonfire Night torch-lit procession and firework display last weekend, which was a bit early but amazing nonetheless. The huge bonfire was still burning the next morning! I named one of my untitled felt artworks Bonfire Night - it seemed to capture some of the atmosphere of the celebrations.


It's only 7 weeks until Christmas now and I haven't really added much to my stock yet. I was busy yesterday making silk stockings (Christmas stockings made from my hand-painted silk) and some sweet hanging hearts, which I'll list on my Folksy shop later. I'm taking part in a local art & crafts fair at the beginning of December (Rustington WRVS, Dec 3rd/4th), so I'll have to get a wiggle on and make lots more goodies to sell there!

My textile exhibition preview is only a week away and I'm getting a bit nervous about it now...I know we all have to show our work at some point, but it's not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.