Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Weebly Website Fun

I finally took the bull by the horns and had a go at creating a website. I decided on Weebly, as it looks good and I'd been told it was easy to use, so I went ahead and set up a site for my textile art under my own name www.christineshephard.co.uk. It was fairly straightforward, mainly uploading photos and adding a bit of text around them. I like the way you can just drag & drop elements onto each page and move them around easily. It's also very simple to link things to other sites and add pages. I had to do some slightly tech-y stuff to link it to my existing domain name, but the instructions were very clear and easy to follow. Mind you, I've yet to see whether it was a success as it takes a while for the changes to kick in. At the moment, my domain name still takes me to the 123reg. website - hopefully this will change soon!

Flushed with supposed success - I'm an optimist! - I decided to carry on and set up a selling site for my handmade bags. As before, I happily added all the details and photos but hit a bit of a wall with the 'selling cart' add-on. I've read the instructions and the guides on Paypal, and I'm sure it's really simple but, for some reason, I'm a bit nervous about adding it. Maybe my brain has had enough for today...let's have another look at it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.